With spring right around the corner, the thought on most minds is “How to I store all of these winter items?” Living in the North East, our home has comforters and blankets galore. They come in handy on the cold winter nights, but become a hassle once we no longer need them. Closet space is limited and what use is a guest room if it’s full of boxes? I was asked to give Space Bag storage totes a try.
Featuring a canvas outer cover, the tote turns a cluttered garage or closet into an attractive, neatly organized space. The tote also includes a see-through window for easy identification of contents and handles for easy lifting.
The Space Bag High Capacity Storage Tote is available in two sizes to meet the needs of any room that needs some reorganization.
- Jumbo – Holds up to two bedding sets, four pillows and 12 sweaters or jackets.
- Under Bed – Holds up to one bedding set, two pillows, and five to seven sweaters or jackets.
Most of our seasonal storage goes down in our basement so I can really appreciate the fact that Space Bag storage totes are airtight and waterproof. They also protect our linens and clothes against mold and mildew that can creep in when you use cardboard boxes.
Unlike some other compression storage systems, Space Bag totes form into a sturdy cube that makes stacking easy and eliminates that moment when everything can come tumbling down because of an odd shape.
I found it was extremely simple to use the storage tote.
- Unzip the outer case and unfold the inner protective bag
- Pack inner bag with items; making sure you start with a flat bottom. Fill until you reach the ‘STOP’ line at the top.
- Press and slide the Sure-Zip slider back and forth two times to seal the bag
- Flip the vacuum cap open, cover with a vacuum cleaner hose and turn the vacuum on. Close the cap when your bag has been compressed level with the outer tote frame.
- Lock the buckles into place over the bag and zip the tote.
It actually took me longer to round up our blankets, pillows and towels than it did to use the Space Bag tote.
I did come across a small glitch when it came time to remove the air from the bag with my vacuum hose. I have an upright Bissell and the hose has a permanent attachment nozzle that did not fit over the bag valve. I had to hold the hose firmly against the valve until the bag was compressed.
Also, did you know Space Bag has an online community dedicated to helping people save space and solve their storage dilemmas? The Space Savers community offers organizing tips and special discounts in their monthly newsletter and online articles. Space Savers community members currently receive 20% off a space-saving package of Space Bag products, including a High Capacity Storage Tote and four Space Bag Storage Packs.
BUY IT: Official Space Bag Website – Average Retail Price (Jumbo Tote): $30.00
I received a free product to facilitate this review and giveaway. All opinions expressed are my own.
WIN IT: Jumbo Space Bag Storage Tote Giveaway!
The Prize: (1) Winner will receive a Jumbo Space Bag Storage Tote (ARV $30.00)
Giveaway ends: 3/8/2012 @ 11:59 PM EST
* Giveaway open to US residents 18+ only