CLOSED: WINNER: April (email@example.com)
It’s the time of year where that heavy, fluffy robe you practically lived in during the winter months has become much too heavy. I’m always so reluctant to give up the comfort of my house robe when the warm summer wind starts to blow, but I’m certainly not able to wear the pretty mall robes my husband has gifted me over the years with a 13 year old running around the house. Not to mention, if I wear that while I’m working it won’t be ‘special’ when I do wear it at night. I thought I’d have to give up my early morning comfort and just get use to dressing first thing when I get up.
Then I found Underwrapz; a California robe company that specializes in knee length, lightweight cotton robes for every day use.
[box] “We needed a robe that wasn’t the slinky, lacy robe your husband bought you, or a heavy terry robe that looks like your mother’s (even though you are one) so we created this simple, sassy robe for a couple of reasons. One, to wear when your teenage son arrives unannounced at your door at 10pm at night with his whole team, two, to slip on when you are blow drying your hair (so your wrapped towel doesn’t keep falling down,) and three, for our college daughters to wear in their dorms at night. We are sure you can come up with many more reasons why to wear our beautiful, lightweight cotton robes.”[/box]
A lovely gift for a bride to be, a new mom (easy breastfeeding access!) or even use it poolside on your summer vacation.
The friendly duo at Underwrapz sent me an amazing robe in their Geisha pattern (You guys know how much I love Geisha!). I wear it constantly now – here are just a few reasons why:
- Lightweight, but not flimsy. I don’t feel heavy or bundled in this robe, but it’s still effective at keeping out the early morning chill that we’re (unfortunately) still experiencing in the North East. And it’s completely opaque; I don’t have to give up coverage to get breathable comfort.
- Soft material and sleeves that don’t bunch up or get in the way. Just because I’m in my robe doesn’t mean I don’t have things to get done! With my Underwrapz robe I can do everything from cleaning up my toddler’s toys to washing the dishes. The Kimono style sleeves open wide just below the elbow so that you don’t have to keep pushing or rolling them up while you work. The material doesn’t suck up the water either, like my other robes. So, I’m not constantly walking around with damp sleeves just because I washed my hands or rinsed out a glass.
- Gorgeous patterns. The Geisha pattern is definitely my favorite because of obvious reasons, but they have several patterns and colors to choose from. It helps liven my mood when I put on my robe and I feel great in the bold colors. It’s like I wrapped myself in motivation.
- Washing machine friendly. Being a mom of two, I can’t seem to go a day without getting something icky on my clothes. Be it food, poop or the random ‘mystery stain’ that mother’s seem to attract. I simply drop my robe in the wash. There was no color bleeding or fading even after several washes. The material softened up even further, but didn’t lose any of the vibrant colors.
- And they BREATHE. Who wants to wrap up in sweet inducing satin or clingy silk when it’s over 80 outside? Not me. My Underwrapz robe lets my skin breathe without holding in my body heat and resulting in feeling ‘sticky’ by noon. It’s especially nice after a hot shower – I still feed crisp and clean even after covering up.
I think it’s official: I’ve found my new favorite cover up. I can’t wait to use it by the water this summer. But shhhh don’t tell my other robes.
(1) Lucky reader will get THEIR CHOICE of Underwrapz Kimono Style Robe
Giveaway ends June 14th. Open to US only. Winner will be selected by Random.org – notified via email and have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
[box type="info"] Mandatory Entires – please list in 1 comment – counts as 1 entry[/box]
1. Visit Underwrapz on Etsy and leave a comment sharing your favorite robe design
2. Subscribe to the TCC RSS feed
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES [+1 each]
- Like Underwrapz on FB
- Favorite Underwrapz on Etsy
- Follow @CaffCoquette on Twitter
- Like TCC on Facebook
- Subscribe to the CaffeineCoquette Newsletter ( bottom of homepage– must confirm)
- Follow on GFC
- [ +3 ] Buzz this giveaway
- [ +3 ] Stumble this giveaway
- [ +3 ] Digg this giveaway
- [ +5 ] Rate The Caffeine Coquette
- [+5 ] Put the TCC badge on your homepage
Please click daily & Help Us Provide More Great Giveaways:
Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for hosting this review & giveaway.