Your favorite instant feature is back! The Fujifilm Instax Mini 25 brings you the convenience of instant photos with the benefit of a compact, easy to use design.
Weighing only 11 oz, this cool retro feel camera delivers in-your-hand photos instantly with the following features:
- Fun, credit card-sized prints
- LCD film counter and shooting mode display
- Camera mounted mirror for self portraits
- Includes close-up lens allowing you to get as close as 13.78″ to your subject
- Automatic Electronic Flash
The automatic flash allows you to take pictures even in low light and the included close-up lens can easily be snapped on to capture images as close as 14″. Another unique feature that comes in handy is the self portrait mirror located on the front of the camera lens so that you always know exactly what you’re getting with a self taken portrait.
Fujifilm sent me an Instax 25 pack so I could try out the features and get a feel for the camera. It really took me back to when I had other instant cameras and would bring them to parties, cookouts, road trips and just for fun around the house. The Instax was even easier than previous instant cameras because it’s so much smaller. No more hefting around a five pound hunk of machinery and pretending it’s “convenient”. The Instax is easily carried in hand, purse or one of the stylish camera bags from the Fujifilm line.
The film is simple to insert – simply press the release button on the back film hatch, place the film cartridge into the opening, close the hatch, press the photo button once to eject the cartridge cover and you’re done. There is even a digital film counter to let you know how many pictures you have left.
Other features include: Lighten-Darken control and Exposure Mode for auto, fill-in flash and landscape variations.
The photos are, of course, instant quality – but the flash is good at grabbing light in a dark setting as you’ll see from my sample photos taken in a dark restaurant. The photos develop much quicker than previous instant cameras and there’s no need to shake, rub or otherwise ‘hurry it along’ (though you’re still free to sing OutKast hits if you like).
Images taken with the Instax (slightly different size than original for site use):
And I saved the best feature for last: There are TWO photo buttons. Yes, two. One button on the front creates an easy hold for vertical shots, and the other (found on the top) for horizontal shots. So you don’t have to worry about your fingers or wrist strap getting in the way.
I think this is a fun (and cute) camera for both adults and teens. This would be great to have for weddings, parties, family outings, road trips, school field trips or even for taking photos of furniture or other household items to match colors or styles when you shop.
One improvement I would love to see implemented is the size of the viewfinder. It’s very small and, though fully functional, may be difficult for some customers to use. Otherwise this is a fun and extremely easy camera for anyone. I look forward to taking mine on our next road trip!
What would YOU do with a Fujifilm Instax 25?
Available at B&H Photo, Amazon and other Authorized Retailers
Retail Price: $96.99
One (1) CaffeineCoquette reader will win their own Fujifilm Instax Prize Pack which includes:
- Fujifilm Instax 25 Camera (with close-up attachment and wrist strap)
- (2) Packages of Instax 25 Film
- Fujifilm exclusive Bowler Bag Camera Case (in red)
Prize Package Value: $ 161.00
Giveaway Ends August 22nd @ 11:59 pm
- Open to US and Canada
- Mandatory Entry MUST Be Completed for any other entries to be valid
- Winner will be notified by email and must respond with requested information within 48 hours of notice. Failure to respond in allotted time will result in a new winner being selected.
- Prize will be sent directly from Fujifilm to the winner
** EACH ENTRY MUST BE PLACED IN A SEPARATE COMMENT **
If an entry is worth +3 then you must leave 3 comments for that entry.
Please read our Giveaway Disclaimer if you have any questions
MANDATORY ENTRY (counts as +1 entry)
Follow @FujifilmUS on Twitter
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES (+1 each):
- Follow TheCaffeineCoquette on Google Friend Connect
- Follow @CaffCoquette on Twitter
- Like theCaffeineCoquette Facebook Fan Page
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed
- Subscribe to our Newsletter (side menu – must confirm)
- Add theCaffeineCoquette badge to your homepage (badge code located on side menu)
- Blog about this giveaway and link to TheCaffeineCoquette.com
- Tweet this giveaway
must include @CaffCoquette and @FujifilmUS
- Share this giveaway on Facebook
- Comment on any NON-giveaway post
- Enter any other CaffeineCoquette Giveaway (+1 for EACH entry!)